Changing Seasons and Managing Changes
Across the country, leaves are turning from bright green to vivid shades of red, orange, and yellow. The winds are starting to get cold. Summer is leaving us, and Autumn is here. Not only is there a change outside, but we’ve now entered Q4. The end of the year is fast approaching. All those projects we said we’d get done “by the end of the year” are now coming due. Many organizations are trying to figure out how to complete those projects on time and deal with organizational changes that will accompany them in the new year.
If you find yourself dealing with the rush to finish projects, fret not. At F&D we have talented staff with cumulative decades of experience to help manage projects or improve processes, and then navigate the change that may follow. This time of year, we understand that for many reasons resources and teams can be stretched thin. When we work with our clients on these sorts of change management initiatives, we strive to become an offshoot of our clients’ teams.
Recently we’ve been working with several clients who have been experiencing growth and are in the midst of transitions. The projects that we’ve been assisting with include process improvements around areas of operations and accounting, implementations of new software tools, and reviews of staffing structures to better align roles and responsibilities. Through these initiatives, F&D has been able to help them set goal milestones and ultimately hit their targets for return on investment (ROI).
As many of you know, the team at F&D likes to work hard - but we also like to have fun!Fall is a time for many of us to embrace the Halloween season and become spooky scary skeletons or famous movie characters! At F&D we’ve been sharing fun stories of memorable costumes from our youths! What was your favorite costume as a child?
Get to Know F&D:
This month Michelle Bade, one of our Controllers, is the focus of our monthly Get to Know segment. As always, these are fun ways to get to know our team members and discover fun little facts about everyone!
1. How Long Have You Been With F&D: 2.5 months
2. Education: BA in Accounting at Metro State University
3. Favorite Movie: Space Balls, seen it so many times that I used to be able to recite it.
4. Favorite Book: Anything by John Sanford
5. Favorite Band: Def Leppard
6. If you could have any job in the world, what would you do? I don’t want to work anymore. I would love to volunteer my time to work with children, helping them learn math or reading. I know, very boring but so important.
7. Where is the most breathtaking place you’ve ever travelled? Australia – Echo Park – Blue Mountains - Three Sisters walk
8. Fun Fact About You: I once played the violin but was asked to give it up because I’m tone deaf. 😊 At that point gave up my plans to play first chair for the MN Orchestra.