The Dog Days of Summer
Did you know that the Dog Days of Summer officially started on July 3rd? If you didn’t know, that phrase originates as a reference to the period of time that the sun occupies the same region of the sky as the star Sirius, the brightest star visible from any part of Earth, and part of the constellation Canis Major, the Greater Dog.
The Dog Days of Summer also kick off budgeting season for many of our clients. So, if you need assistance, whether it is budgeting questions, analyzing previous budgets, creating budgeting assumptions, forecasting, or anything else give us a call and we’d be happy to help! We’ve got experience on many budgeting platforms: Yardi, QuickBooks, Excel, MRI, you name it we’ve got the experience. Real Estate budgeting is one of our areas of expertise and we love to help our clients in any way we can!
When the F&D team members are not hard at work on client projects, many of us love to spend time with our furry friends. You always hear that our pets start to look like us the longer we are with them, what do you think? Do you think you can match the F&D pets below with their owners? Good luck and let us know what you think! Who’s pet matches their owner’s visage the most?
Get to Know F&D
We also want to take some time each month to introduce one of our team members in this new get to know you space! First up is our Business Development Specialist, Jake Cordes.
1. How Long Have You Been With F&D: I started in May 2021! So just over two months now!
2. Education: I attended the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, MN.
3. Favorite Movie: So many to choose from, but my go to is always Jurassic Park! I cannot wait until next June when the next Jurassic World movie comes out!
4. Favorite Book: I can’t pick just one so I’ll go with the entire Harry Potter series, I think I’ve read it a dozen or more times all the way through!
5. Favorite Band: U2….I’ve been to three of their concerts and listen to their music on repeat.
6. If you could have any job in the world, what would you do? When I was a kiddo, it was my dream to be the President of the United States….not sure if I want that particular job anymore, but I’d love to pursue a career in political office someday so I can affect change and help my community!
7. Where is the most breathtaking place you’ve ever travelled? Hands down it’s Alaska. I’ve never been anywhere else like it!
8. Fun Fact About You: For 8 years I served on the Farmington Area School Board. When I was elected at 21 years old, I tied the record for youngest person ever elected to a School Board in Minnesota history!